Geopublisher and AtlasStyler 1.9 release notes
We are proud to announce the release of Geopublisher atlas creator and AtlasStyler SLD editor version 1.9. Too be true - we didn't have too much resources in the last months, because the main developer focused on another another project. But still some nice features have been added and a lot of bugs are fixed. News at a glance:
- Ability to use dynamic charts as mapping symbols (This feature has been sponsored by the Department of Early Prehistory and Quaternary Ecology, University of Tübingen)
- Better support for PostGIS data sources (AtlasStyler only)
- 30+ bugfixes for more stability
- Compatibiliy with Java 7 and OpenJDK
- Geopublisher and AtlasStyler 1.9 will be part of the upcomming OSGeo-Live DVD 6
- Upgraded to Geotools 2.7.4 bugfix release
- Geopublisher now has a YouTube channel with tutorial videos.
Your feedback is very important to us, and you can also learn from other users questions and answers. Use this link to join the multi-language mailinglist for Geopublisher und AtlasStyler users.
We are looking for translators, that would help to update the existing translations for the extended features.
To start Geopublisher 1.9 now click the green button here.
To start AtlasStyler 1.9 now click the green button here.
To download the software as .deb or ZIP use this page.
Happy mapping, yours Stefan Tzeggai